BLEACH EDITION | THIS BOY IS COMPLETELY LOVESICK (Abarai Renji x Kuchiki Rukia, RenRuki)

What makes an anime good if not for the amazing characters. One of my favourite character is Abarai Renji, Liutenant of Squad 6. Why? Okay, sit down and let me tell you all the details.

-------------------------------------------------⚠SPOILER ALERT⚠------------------------------------------------


In episode 15, Renji first debuted with his captain, Kuchiki Byakuya. They came to the human world from Soul Society to bring back Kuchiki Rukia whom had overstayed there. At first, I thought Renji was a bit harsh towards Rukia. I didn't know they were childhood friends. 

Abarai Renji, Liutenant of Squad 6

Then, episode 32 happened. By this time, I was convinced Renji HAD feelings for Rukia, whatever it is. 

Before episode 32 (I don't remember which one), when Renji was locating Rukia to the Senzaikyu, he wasn't supposed to tell her anything. But since he couldn't stand seeing the depressing look on Rukia who was always cheerful, he told her that Ichigo and his friends were breaking into Seireitei in an attempt to rescue her. In an instant, Rukia face lit up. Then, Renji asked himself why he told her that. I was like, boi, you're in love with your friend, of course you're gonna tell her that to make her better 😏


In episode 32, we got to see how Renji and Rukia first met. They both lived at one of the poorest district in Rukongai before they became Shinigami. And oh boy, if you don't know me yet, you should know my favourite trope is friends-to-lovers. But childhood-bestfriends-to-lovers? EVEN MORE ROMANTIC. This episode is by far my most favourite out of all because we got to see how much Renji cared for Rukia. He literally went out of his way to fight Ichigo for stealing Rukia's power. Renji thought, if Rukia didn't meet Ichigo, she would've still had her power and she wouldn't have to be executed. You have to remember that Renji is a liutenant. He's an authority figure in Soul Society. Yet, against the orders, he went on his own to fight Ichigo BECAUSE OF HIS LOVE FOR RUKIA. Okay, so at first I was like, damn this guy sure love his bestfriend probably as brother/sister kinda thing. 

But then, when Renji was almost defeated, he LITERALLY BEGGED FOR ICHIGO TO SAVE RUKIA. YOU HEAR ME? HE FREAKING BEGGED! Do you know how much pride it costs him to beg a HUMAN when Renji himself is a liutenant, so he's considered powerful than a mere human. But there he was on his knees. And even when he was dying, HE SAW RUKIA INSTEAD OF ICHIGO STANDING BEFORE HIS EYES. GAH IT'S TOO ROMANTIC FOR ME TO IGNORE. 


Even in episode 33, Hinamori was remembering her academy days. She used to be Renji's classmate. In this episode, we got to see Renji was practicing fighting the sword with Kira. Then, Renji saw Rukia. Guess what did he do? HE STOPPED FIGHTING JUST TO GREET RUKIA. Do you know how much Renji prioritized his practice? Boi, this man is COMPLETELY IN LOVE. HE JUST DOESN'T KNOW IT.

Hinamori Momo, Liutenant of Squad 5

Izuru Kira, Liutenant of Squad 3
 
Going back to my boy, Renji, in episode 52, he fought with his captain, Kuchiki Byakuya. Byakuya was trying to stop Renji who was rescuing Rukia from the execution. Renji even trained to get a Bankai in order to save his bestfriend. Bro, if that's not love? 

Also, Renji was determined to fight against Byakuya because back in the Academy days, Rukia was adopted into the Kuchiki family, one of the four noble family in Soul Society. Renji thought that was the best for Rukia to make her happy. But seeing Byakuya was firm to execute Rukia, Renji realised maybe Rukia wasn't happy. Renji was the one to convince Rukia to go to the Kuchiki family without even asking what she truly wanted. So, Renji regretted letting Rukia go. When Rukia was adopted, she and Renji went separate ways for 40 years. In those 40 years, Renji trained like crazy until he got into the gotei 13 and finally promoted as a liutenant. ALL IN ORDER TO GET CLOSER TO RUKIA BECAUSE YOU SEE RENJI IS INSECURE BECAUSE HE'S POOR AND RUKIA IS IN THE NOBLE FAMILY NOW, SO HE WANTED TO BE ON THE HIGHER RANK TO CLOSE THE GAP. Also because Renji wanted to surpass Byakuya. BUT LET'S NOT FOCUS ON THAT OKAY? RENJI TRAINED FOR 40 FREAKING YEARS FOR RUKIA!!!!! 



HIS SMILE WHEN HE TALKS ABOUT RUKIA ASDSHDDSMOFMQ

I know Ichigo was getting a Bankai too and he went rogue to save Rukia but that's not really love to me. Because Ichigo owed Rukia his life. He was rescuing her because he had to. But Renji? He wanted to. Had to is a responsibility, but wanted to is love. 
And the fact that Renji went against his captain could cost him his liutenant title. The fact that he would sacrifice anything for Rukia. God knows how hard it was for Renji to finally got the title. 


In the fight between Renji and Byakuya, I literally screamed behind the screen for them to stop because we all know Byakuya is going to win. It pained me to see Renji got hurt. I cried because I cared about him deeply. 

In episode 55 when Rukia was finally rescued, Renji carried her in his arms. And the things he said to her? HAD SO MUCH LOVE OMG KYARGHHHH AND THEN RUKIA CLUTCHED AT HIS CHEST FIRMER THEN RENJI SMILED HIS SMALL SMILE AND THEY WERE SO CUTE???? WHAT THE HELL????? Okay I need to calm down. 


I even created a Tumblr account for RenRuki contents lol. I wish I was this dedicated in studying. So, one night I scrolled through almost everything. I was going to sleep early that night, but then I stayed up until 5 reading AND CRYING over RenRuki contents. There is this one letter rukia-kuchiki-divided wrote from Rukia's point of view during the 40 years: (I suggest read this while listening to A Little Bit Yours // JP Saxe)





At first, I thought RenRuki was one-sided. Then, I came across this letter. When I read the part about Rukia suddenly wanting to be Shinigami (once during their childhood days, Rukia stated she didn't want to be a Shinigami) to protect Renji, and in episode 32 we can see how Rukia doesn't have friends and she's always staring out the window dreamily at the Academy. Surely that's not what someone who wants to be a Shinigami would be doing right? That's when I realised, DAMN THESE TWO LOVE EACH OTHER. Though maybe sometimes Rukia does care about Ichigo a lot more (which pissed me off lol jk) but at the end of the day, it will always be Renji. 


The reason why I love Renji is because he looked all tough and cocky, but deep down he's a softie. He shows empathy, he supports Rukia, he works hard to get a better rank, he dedicates his life to protect Rukia. I think it shows how much Renji feels like a person and how well people can relate to him. I love seeing the soft side of a character. I love Renji to the point I don't want to marry him because I know marrying Rukia would make him happy. I will ship these two until the day I died 💕

8 Comments

  1. Have long time not watched 'Bleach'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. waaahhhhh..... but i only tgk 1 2 episode ja for bleachhh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe tengok la at least sampai soul society arc je sebab RenRuki so cute :')

      Delete
  3. You should try to watch Rick and Morty .

    ReplyDelete
  4. bleach , one of my fav anime 🥰

    ReplyDelete
  5. wehh ayat last sekali tuu hahahahahahahahahhahahaa over laaah 😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHAHAHA sebab sayang sangat kat dorang xD suka tengok dorang together hehe rasa macam KYARGHHHHH

      Delete