ANIME REVIEW | ANOTHER (SPOILER FREE)

Episodes: 12
Status: Finished Airing
Aired: Jan 10, 2012 to March 27, 2012
Studios: P.A. Works
Genre: Mystery, Horror, Supernatural


    In 1972, a popular student in Yomiyama North Middle School's class 3-3 named Misaki passed away during the school year. Since then, the town of Yomiyama has been shrouded by a fearful atmosphere, from the dark secrets hidden deep within.

    Twenty-six years later, 15-year-old Kouichi Sakakibara transfers into class 3-3 of Yomiyama North and soon after discovers that a strange, gloomy mood seems to hang over all the students. He also finds himself drawn to the mysterious, eyepatch-wearing student Mei Misaki; however, the rest of the class and the teachers seem to treat her like she doesn't exist. Paying no heed to warnings from everyone including Mei herself, Kouichi begins to get closer not only to her, but also to the truth behind the gruesome phenomenon plaguing class 3-3 of Yomiyama North.

    Another follows Kouichi, Mei, and their classmates as they are pulled into the enigma surrounding a series of inevitable, tragic events—but unraveling the horror of Yomiyama may just cost them the ultimate price. (Source: myanimelist)


    If you want to find a gruesome anime, look no further, this is the anime you're looking for. Honestly, I feel like horror anime never disappoints. They always kill the characters in details and the deaths are so dramatic lol (I mean this in a good way).

    Personally, I think it was okay because I don't really like horror. But I do enjoy watching the blood spilling scenes. The deaths made me uncomfortable. I thought, Final Destination what? Another is creepier. It will make you scared just to stay inside your house. 

    As for the characters, I really like Sakakibara. I think he's nice, and I'm weak for nice characters. I wish there was some meaningful friendship among them. I think it would make the anime more than just about killing off characters. But since it only has 12 episodes, then it's forgiven.

    The lack of music (as it is common in horror shows) made me sleepy lol. I watched it before my class at 8am, so maybe that's the real reason why I was sleepy. And there were too many deaths that my dumb ass couldn't keep up. But that's on me for having two brain cells. 

    The storyline is good, mysterious and suspenseful. And the plot twist was shocking, I didn't see it coming. Normally, I would try to figure out the mysteries but watching Another, I didn't bother. I just wait for them to reveal it for me. Again, probably because I watched it so early in the morning.

    Overall, is it as good as what people claimed? Nah, not really for me. Do I like it to the point I get stomach ache because I care about the characters so much? Also nah. But it's still worth watching. And it only has 12 episodes, so not that hard to get into.

Rate: ★★★✰✰

0 Comments