ANIME REVIEW | FUGOU KEIJI BALANCE: UNLIMITED (SPOILER FREE)

Episodes: 11
Status: Finished Airing
Aired: April 10, 2020 to September 25, 2020
Studio: CloverWorks
Genre: Mystery, Comedy


Daisuke Kanbe, a man of extraordinary wealth, is assigned to the Modern Crime Prevention Headquarters as a detective. It is there that he gets partnered with Haru Katou, a humane detective who values justice above all. The two are polar opposites, and their morals clash time and time again. Haru despises Daisuke for using monetary wealth to solve cases, as he believes that money isn't everything. The two will have to combine their efforts, however, to solve the mysteries that are coming their way. (source: myanimelist)






This is one of the most anticipated anime in 2020, so I'm sure you must have heard it. Or maybe seen the characters somewhere on Twitter or TikTok. 

Before I watched it, I didn't know what the anime was about. I watched the trailer, so I know Kanbe Daisuke and how hot he is. I got a feeling it was a serious crime and investigation anime, but turns out, it was comedy and I wasn't complaining because it was hilarious and cute!

PLOT

Plot-wise, this anime is easily one of the anime you can't help but binge-watch. I couldn't stop myself from watching because it was addictive. In the beginning, you are introduced to Kato Haru, who seemed lazy and depressing. 

Kato Haru

And he's exactly my type! The way he looks like he just wants to die, I can relate. Later in episode 1, we met the famous Kanbe Daisuke. If you don't know him, then you're probably living in Mars. I bet the alien also knows this renowned guy. He's probably every girl's wallpaper even before the show starts airing. Admittedly, including mine lol.

Kanbe Daisuke

I love how at first the anime is all unicorn and rainbows, but later around episode 5 or 6, the mystery kicks off. I think the major reason why I enjoyed this show because I love Haru's backstory and character. Besides, Haru and Daisuke have strong chemistry together on screen! 
    

ART STYLE

I love this kind of art style where the characters are all tall and lanky and sharp on the edges. I'm very particular about the anime art style, and this is one of my favourite.




SOUNDTRACK

Sadly, the opening and ending do not pique my interest. But I must admit, the ost suits the style and vibe of the anime.


The ending is slightly better and catchy than the opening. 



CHARACTERS


Other than Haru and Daisuke, there are many likeable side characters! I love Haru's division mates and their relationship with each other. 

Hoshino Ryu

Haru always bickers with his ex-division mate, Hoshino Ryu every time they bump into each other. Sometimes I empathize with Haru because that guy is just trying his best to redeem his life. Even so, I love seeing when they work together. Plus, Hoshino can be cute at times 🤭 Or maybe I'm being biased because I love his voice actor, Junya Enoki. 



Also, I'm pretty sure EVERYONE was losing their minds seeing Daisuke with his hair down! As soon as episode 4 aired, I saved his picture because he looks so adorable and soft 🥰



RELATIONSHIP

As I said earlier, I love Haru and Daisuke's chemistry and dynamic! At first, Daisuke kinda annoyed me being all mighty and arrogant, but as the story progresses, I love seeing them on screen working together.


I'm just gonna leave this picture here because they look like they live together :') 


OVERALL

I highly recommend to watch this, if you don't already! It's only 11 episodes, pretty short. You can even finish in one day. It's not that deep or life-changing, but rather enjoyable and entertaining! 

Rate: ★★★★★

3 Comments

  1. Dh tgok cerita ni best tapi sempat bbrapa episode je

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe dah sampai episode berapa?

    ReplyDelete
  3. tengok ni... tapi sampai episode berapa tah... lepas tu tak sambung dah tengok... T_T macam bosan sikit, tengok sebab daisuke hensem jejebjejw. hahahhaha. hype betul time nak keluar hari tu.

    ReplyDelete