Food Review | KLCG Confectionary & Bakery at Dataran Merdeka

Last week, my sister and I went on a short vacation around Kuala Lumpur. Lately, a bakery in Dataran Merdeka went viral on TikTok. Wonder what bakery am I talking about? You guessed it right! The bakery is called KLCG Confectionary & Bakery.

The entrance

It was located adjacent to Perpustakaan Kuala Lumpur. I went to library KL a few times in the past, but I was never aware of this bakery's existence until recently. Well, at least there is an upside to spending my time on TikTok, huh? You can either travel by car (but the parking spot is limited) or by LRT Kelana Jaya line and departed off at Masjid Jamek and then walk for around 5-7 minutes. Or if you want to save yourself from the trouble of going out, you can just order it online here

Very cozy place

Anyway, since my sister and I were broke, we decided to order 4 pastries and 1 drink. Gladly, we shared the pastries because by the end of it, I was pretty stuffed. Let's start off the review with the bestselling menu!

1. Strawberry & Creme Croissant (RM14.90) 
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐


When you pay a visit to KLCG, I feel like this is a must order. This is my second time coming here, and I ordered this again! It was THAT good. Oh, and probably because of my love for strawberry. 

The strawberries are fresh, the cream is milky, the bread is crunchy, when you mix it all up together, it creates an amazing and refreshing food like no other.


2. Blueberry Danish (RM11.90)
⭐⭐⭐⭐


 As you can see, I did not have a proper picture when it was intact because I was ravenous! I couldn't wait to try out this menu. My love for berry does not end at strawberry, it even extends to blueberries as well! (though I admit, strawberry is still superior).

I specifically love the taste of the custard, it's sweet but not too much. Just the right healthy portion. This is probably my top 3 favourite menu from KLCG and definitely above Strawberry Creme Croissant (I know, it contradicts my statement about strawberry being superior). I think the reason why I love it is because the size is not too big, so I won't get tired of eating it after a few bites. Besides, it's one of the cheapest menu offered by KLCG. Next time, I'm planning to try out the Strawberry Danish.


3. Paris Brest (RM18.90)
⭐⭐


My sister wanted to try this one because she saw one TikToker gave this 4 stars (if my memory serves me right). But honestly to me, it tastes like spoiled milk a bit... just a bit though. But after a few bites, the taste reminds me of Ferrero Roche but less sweet. Maybe because I don't really like nuts in the first place. But since it's quite pricey, so I forced myself to finish my half.



4. Strawberry Cronut (RM9.90)
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐


This is my favourite menu ever! Not only it is affordable, but it's so crunchy and sweet. It definitely satisfies my sweet tooth cravings. The size is really cute and the color pink topped with a few pieces of strawberry is appealing. I think I will order this again!


And look! There is even strawberry milk cream inside, oh I'm salivating just recounting the taste... 🤤


5. Ajisai Matcha Latte (RM14.90)
⭐⭐

Not going to lie, the drinks served are mostly expensive for something so small. I suggest to bring your own bottled water, at least that's what I did. For me, the matcha latte taste is not worth my money. Or maybe the matcha taste is too strong for my preference. But if you like matcha, go for it!

KLCG does not only offer pastries, they have pasta, burgers and chicken chop too! I love pasta so much, someday I want to try their Tom Yum Spaghetti. So many menu I want to try out my fingers are not enough. Same goes to my bank account...

And their service is really great! The staffs are friendly and does not make you feel awkward despite visiting for the first time. They did their best to ensure you're utmost comfortable! 

(Disclaimer: this is not a paid review, I just love rambling and sharing about things I love on this blog)

0 Comments