TIRED OF YOUR PLAYLIST? LISTEN TO WARREN HUE!


So, I decided to start a new series (?) of post about all the underrated artist I'm listening to. Underrated artists are basically musicians who are not in the mainstream and less well-known among listeners. I'm writing this post in hopes to give them the recognition they deserve because there are so many talented people out there, working hard and sacrificing life to achieve their dreams. Also because I love music and it makes me happy sharing them to the world :D 

The first artist I'm introducing in the series is Warren Hue. He's a mixed Chinese and Indonesian young rapper just embarked on his journey under 88Rising. Warren made his breakthrough in the music industry when he posted a remix of Womp Womp by American rapper Valee in 2018 when he was only 16 years old. In 2019, he released an album called 'Sugartown'. (Source: NME)

I first discovered Warren in Rich Brian's latest release, California. California is basically about Rich Brian, NIKI and Warren Hue's perspectives living in Los Angeles as asian artists. I think the melody sounds really sweet and the guitar riff throughout the song got me hooked. You guys should check it out too! In case you're looking for a new song to listen to. 


I'm so elated to see more and more asians spreading their wings in the Western country. As an asian myself, I'm proud to see them. They are living proof that asians may be smol, but our talent makes up for it. 

Anyway, let's get into my top 4 favourite songs by Warren Hue!




Comparing to Warren's old stuff he made prior to signing with 88Rising, this song sounds so mature. If I said he's 18/19 years old, would you believe it? I was so surprised when I found out he's younger than me by 4 years. LIKE WHAT I HAVE A CRUSH ON SOMEBODY 4 YEARS YOUNGER THAN ME. I was conflicted. I thought Warren is at least maybe 21. But no, he's a kid. 

Either way, just because he's a kid doesn't mean he lacks talent. I mean, try listen to Too Many Tears, you won't believe he's not even in his twenties yet. 




Okay, I may or may not like this song initially just because Warren looks good with pink hair and white shirt. And when he smiles in the music video... oh gosh my heart MELTED. Putting his appearance aside, the song is honestly catchy. 




The first time I listen to omomo punk, I was like 'okay it's not bad but it's not that good either' until one day when I gave it another shot and I stumbled upon one comment on YouTube describing this song as 'that sudden heart attack you get when you caught your crush looking at you' and honestly, DAMN I FELT THAT. Since then, I started listening to this song while imagining myself having that doki doki of my heart when I made eye contact with my crush. I think this song sounds like a glitch on the television but in a good way.




The last song I would like to share is a hectic song. You'd know what I mean when you watch the music video aha. I seldom listen to happy songs. Emo is not dead is my motto. But I Need U in the Summertime beat is catchy and I love how it made me smile listening to it. 


There you go, my most favourite songs by Warren! I hope you're able to find a new favourite song in case you're bored of your current playlist. To all asians, let's support Warren! I know he can still grow and hone his skills to become even better rapper in the future ;D 

To end this post, let's listen to California acoustic cause it's angelic especially NIKI's voice. I bet this song is played at heaven's gate lol (it's a hyperbole). 

5 Comments